I just wanted to give an early CONGRATS to all of you 08/08/08 brides out there! According to the Chinese culture the number 8 symbolizes luck and prosperity. It is also the symbol for infinity if you turn it sideways 🙂 I have even heard of couples giving “magic eight ball” favors to keep with the theme! Hey guys…what a great idea that would have been for a proposal….get a magic eight ball and propose on 08/08/08….if only you could get that little triangle inside to say “marry me?” on all sides!!! Oh well, you still have 09/09/09…
Yes to the dress!!! July 23, 2008
Is anyone else addicted to this show? OMG…even though my wedding has come and gone, I just LOVE this show! Which reminds me…I have two in the DVR queue to watch! Check out your local listings…it is on TLC.
Say Yes to the Dress reveals the inner workings of the world’s premier bridal salon, Kleinfeld Bridal. Part fashion show, part bridal story, part family therapy, we uncover the hurdles every staff member faces to make each bride completely satisfied on what may be the single most important day of their lives.
Watch as a team of specialists guide brides through the process of selecting, fitting, altering and delivering each flawless dress in time for the perfect day. It’s not a stress-free endeavor, but somehow by the final fitting Kleinfeld pulls all of the details together. Part docusoap surrounding the shop, but more the fascinating tales of the women who are in search of the most important dress they’ll ever buy.
Although they did wear out this dress last season…not one of my favorites but I am a huge fan of Pnina Tornai…to see it click here —> http://kleinfeldbridal.com/index.cfm?pid=52&item_id=10283&rowid=17&page=1 I think EVERY bride that stepped foot in Kleinfelds tried it on!
I love top ten lists… June 25, 2008
TOP 10 STUPID THINGS OUR FI SAYS TO MAKE US CRAZY:
- 10. “Are you wearing one of those ‘dusters’ over your face?”
- 9. “I know the wedding is next week, but when do I need to get measured for my tux?”
- 8. “Can we wear tuxes like those guys in Dumb & Dumber?”
- 7. “Can we dance our first dance to ‘Low rider’ or ‘Let’s get drunk & screw’?”
- 6. “Do we need centerpieces?”
- 5. “Your wedding dress cost HOW MUCH?? – Why can’t you just rent a dress?”
- 4. “What day are we getting married? — Wait the Buckeyes are playing that day!!!”
- 3. ‘Why do we have to register for gifts? — Well can we register at Bass Pro Shops?”
- 2. “Someone called about flowers or the cake or something. I didn’t get their name or number…”
- 1. When you ask him what he thinks, he says “It doesn’t matter to me” then as soon as you make a decision — he all of the sudden cares and doesn’t like the decision you made!!!
Found this on www.bridalpinkpages.com. Had to laugh!
Introducing Kingston Oliver….Congrats to Alisa & Matt!!! June 20, 2008
One of my best friends since high school just had her first baby!!! Kingston Oliver was born on 06/18/08 and was 7 lbs and 21″ long. He is absolutely perfect! I had to brag a little 🙂
Kingston and me
A few fun facts… June 15, 2008
So I got this idea from the ten thousand dollar blog to give you a list of “fun facts” about my new husband…he he. I still feel weird saying husband 🙂
1. He makes us coffee every morning before work…yes, I am spoiled. He calls me “spoily”.
2. If we watch a tv show that he likes and I dont…I get a head massage or an arm scratching while he watches!
3. His shoes all have shoe trees in them…mine are buried under my laundry.
4. He cuts his own hair…I am still amazed at how straight the back is.
5. He collects dollar bills and stacks them under books so that they are super straight and then wraps stacks of them like they are from a bank.
This is a pic of us in Cabo a few years ago!
The Blog of all Wedding Blogs June 14, 2008
If you are addicted to wedding blogs…I found the blog of all blogs for you. You can thank me by coming back to visit me again for more tips! 🙂 Or you might be mad at me because you are going to be glued to your computer for the next few days!